In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Letters to my Babies - Week 30

 
We are so thankful for this pregnancy! After sharing our journey through infertilty on the blog, I knew I wanted to log our newfound 40 week journey of pregnancy on the blog as well. Not knowing if I’ll ever be able to experience pregnancy again, I have chosen to log our pregnancy by writing occasional letters to our babies. The letters will keep my readers posted on how we are doing each week, but the letters will also be something that our little ones can go back and read, as a reminder of how much he or she was loved from the very beginning of their existence. You can read previous weeks by clicking on the following posts: Week 5, Week 7, Week 9, Week 12, Week 13, Week 15, Week 16, Week 18, Week 19, Week 21, Week 22 Week 24. Week 28.
 
 

We’ve made it to 30 weeks!  I can see the finish line quickly approaching, although not fast enough if you ask me.  My body is ready to have you boys, but I know you are not ready to enter the world yet. A few weeks ago, I would have said my goal is 38 weeks.  That’s when my doctor plans to induce if you have not arrived on your own by then.  However, I am now saying that my goal is 36 weeks.  That’s when your lungs should be developed, and you should be healthy enough to not have to stay in NICU, although it’s not a guarantee.   I can’t say that my doctor will induce me at 36 weeks.  We’ll have to take it one day at a time.  But if you are healthy enough by then and my doctor considers it safe for all three of us, I would gladly be induced around 36 weeks.  If I can make it that far, I will consider it a big success. While this momma is so very grateful to be able to experience the gift of pregnancy, being able to safely deliver two healthy boys into this world can not come soon enough for me. 
 
I’ve definitely entered the uncomfortable part of pregnancy.  Even the smallest tasks seem to be more work than it should be on my body right now. I’ve also started to experience braxton hicks contractions within the past few weeks.  They are not painful yet, but they are clearly happening more often as each day goes by.  My doctor wants me to keep an eye on how often I am having them.  If they become too frequent, it may be time for me to start slowing down some.  So far, I have not been put on any restrictions, and thankfully it looks as though I am going to go through this whole pregnancy without being but on bed rest.   


Preparations for your arrival are still in the works.  Things are being checked off of our to-do list as each week passes.  For one, we had some maternity pictures taken a few weeks ago. I'm sure I'll do an entire blog post about our maternity session soon to share with my readers.
 

The nursery has been ready for awhile, but I finally took pictures and posted them on social media to share with family and friends who don’t live close to us.  I can’t wait for you to call this little boy space your own.  I’m already envisioning all of the rough-housing and all-boy fun that will go on in this room in the years to come.


We also had our family baby shower last weekend.  The weather didn’t cooperate as much as I would have liked, but we had a good time.  Using some ispiration from Pinterest, a friend made the perfect cake for the shower.  It was almost too pretty to eat....almost. 
 
 
Grandma flew in from Florida for the shower and brought the baby blankets she made for you. I love them! How special it is to have them handmade by your grandma.


Daddy has spent the week putting baby swings and other equipment together.  We are fully expecting the loft to be taken over with all of your baby gear in the next few weeks.  We have one more shower to get through next weekend, and then we will go out and purchase any other things we need before you arrive.  Things are coming together nicely.  Pregnancy has felt like a marathon, and Mommy and Daddy are ready to finish this final stretch and hold our baby boys in our arms.  We love you both so much, and while I’m trying to savor this last bit of pregnancy, I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t anxiously awaiting the day we get to safely deliver you into this world and bring you home.

Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment