In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Letters to My Babies - Week 15

We are so thankful for this pregnancy! After sharing our journey through infertilty on the blog, I knew I wanted to log our newfound 40 week journey of pregnancy on the blog as well. Not knowing if I’ll ever be able to experience pregnancy again, I have chosen to log our pregnancy by writing occasional letters to our babies. The letters will keep my readers posted on how we are doing each week, but the letters will also be something that our little ones can go back and read, as a reminder of how much he or she was loved from the very beginning of their existence. You can read previous weeks by clicking on the following posts: Week 5, Week 7, Week 9, Week 12, Week 13.


I'm settling into my second trimester and feeling much better than I did in those first few weeks of pregnancy.  Overall, I'm feeling really good.  They say I’m supposed to get all of my energy back in my second trimester. That hasn’t happened yet.  I’m still pretty tired most of the time, but it is nothing like it was before.  At this point in my pregnancy, all sickness has subsided, my appetite is back, and I no longer feel bloated.  I also find myself sleeping through the night again.  While I do sleep through the night, falling asleep can be a little difficult. Trying to get comfortable in bed with a pregnant belly is not as easy as it sounds.  I know this will only get worse in the coming weeks.  Heartburn is also the most recent reason falling asleep has become a little difficult. I don’t notice heartburn throughout the day.  It seems to show up right around bed time and laying down makes it worse.  Let's just say, antacids have become my new friend.

My baby bump had a noticeable growth spurt this week, indicating that the two of you are growing just as you should be. My weekly pictures don't show much growth from weeks 11-14, but from week 14-15, I definitely notice the growth in my belly. It's weird, because I can actually feel my belly stretching some days.  It's a hard feeling to explain. I had that feeling a lot around week 12, and then this past week, it was very noticable again. I find myself lathering up with cocoa butter to prevent stretchmarks, but I'm not sure that's working too well. 



We have less than a week until our next ultrasound. Daddy and I can't wait to find out your genders!  We go back to the doctor at the end of the week to check on the placenta previa for Baby A, and we are secretly hoping to maybe find out your genders during that ultrasound. For some, 16 weeks is too early to know, and if that is the case for us, we will be forced to wait until our 20 week ultrasound.  We are anxiously waiting the planning and preparing part of your arrival, but so much of our planning is determined around whether we are having two girls, two boys or a boy and a girl.  We’ve been taking advantage of consignment sales and garage sales in our area, but we are limited on what we can buy, until we know what we are having. 

Daddy seems to think we are having a boy and a girl. I have no idea what to expect.  Any time we go in for an ultrasound, I find myself filled with anxiety and am just thrilled to hear heartbeats, so I haven't given your genders too much thought yet. We'll soon see if Daddy's supsicion is right.  We don't really have a preference on what we are having. There are advantages to both.  For example, if you are a boy and a girl, Daddy will get his boy to play sports with and do all sorts of whatever guys do to bond, and I will get my girl to dress up in ruffles and pink, have tea parties with and take with me on shopping trips.  At the same time, if you are the same gender, I can see you having a stronger bond throughout life and forever being the best of friends.  And I have to admit, it would be a lot easier for me to decorate a nursery if you are two girls or two boys.  Two girls would also be a lot easier to pick names for.  I think we know what we will name you if you are girls.  If you are two boys, I have a feeling you may forever be called Baby A and Baby B, because it seems as though Daddy and I will never agree on boy names.  Whether you are a boy and a girl, two girls or two boys, it doesn't really matter.  As long as our next ultrasound shows that the two of you are healthy and well, we will be thrilled.  We already love you both so much.  As each week passes we get more excited about your arrival.  Boy or girl, we just can't wait to safely deliver you and bring you home! 
 
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment