In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

DIY Little Boy First Birthday T-Shirts


I have a quick post to share this morning.  A few weeks ago, I posted about these onesies I made my little guys to wear for their one year old pictures.  I loved the onesies with the bow tie and suspenders, but I wanted my boys to be really comfortable at their first birthday party.  I knew they'd be running around and playing hard, but I still wanted them to wear something that let everyone know they were the birthday boys.  


I decided I was just going to have them wear a t-shirt and jeans for the party.  On average, I was finding birthday shirts for $10-$15 in stores.   I ended up making my own for a little bit less money.  

I went to Hobby Lobby and picked up two 12 mo white t-shirts and two "I am 1" iron-on-transfers.  The t-shirts are $4.99 and the transfers were $1.99.  I used coupons for the t-shirts, so I didn't have to pay $5 per shirt.  There is a 40% off coupon in Hobby Lobby's weekly ad.  You can also find the coupon in the Hobby Lobby app.   I use t the coupon from of the app every time I buy something from Hobby Lobby.

The store had a few options of first birthday iron-on-transfers in the stores.  This particular transfer is also sold online.  I know I've seen it sold on Amazon's website for the same price as Hobby Lobby.


Instructions for any iron-on-transfer is pretty easy.  As long as you know how to use an iron, you'll be fine.  Just follow the directions on the packaging of the transfer.  And that's it!  Easy-peasy!

1 comment:

  1. I thank you because the article has told me something new. Read our blog for : Birthday t-shirt

    ReplyDelete