In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Saturday, October 5, 2013

Letters to my Babies - Week 13

 
 We are so thankful for this pregnancy! After sharing our journey through infertilty on the blog, I knew I wanted to log our newfound 40 week journey of pregnancy on the blog as well.  Not knowing if I’ll ever be able to experience pregnancy again, I have chosen to log our pregnancy by writing occasional letters to our babies. The letters will keep my readers posted on how we are doing each week, but the letters will also be something that our little ones can go back and read, as a reminder of how much he or she was loved from the very beginning of their existence. You can read previous weeks by clicking on the following posts: Week 5, Week 7, Week 9, Week 12.
 
 
 

       We have officially made it to our second trimester!  We made it to 13 weeks of pregnancy yesterday!  To celebrate the end of our first trimester, we had a friend take a few pictures for us.  I'm sharing some of my favorite ones today.  Thank you Kingfish Photography for your time and talent!   Look them up on Facebook to see more of their work!


       In my ideal world, I would have kept this pregnancy private until my first trimester was over.  I always envisioned announcing the news with a fun creative photo shoot around 12 weeks. I’ve obviously been on Pinterest too much!  

 

       We did not keep our pregnancy a secret for obvious reasons.  We chose to share our pregnancy as soon as we knew, because we were publicly sharing our infertility on my blog.  People knew we started working with our fertility doctor again in July, and they were bound to ask us in August how that went.  We knew we couldn’t keep it a secret.  Truthfully, my belly would have given away this pregnancy a few weeks ago anyway, so I would have never been able to keep it a secret through my first trimester.



       Even though we announced our pregnancy around 4 weeks, we still went ahead and had some pictures taken around 12 weeks.  For us it wasn’t so much to announce the pregnancy…..everyone already knew.  It was more or less to celebrate the fact that we made it through what was supposed to be the high risk part of our pregnancy.  At 12 weeks, we have already had three ultrasounds.  We have had countless doctors appointments from the day we found out we were pregnant.  For us, these pictures symbolize the end of the scary part of this pregnancy.  The part where the doctors told us there was a chance we could lose our babies.  With each week of pregnancy, the risks went down and the chances of having a viable pregnancy went up.  Now that we have made it into the second trimester, the risk factor is no longer there.  We can now have a somewhat normal pregnancy…..well, hopefully we can.


       We are thrilled to enter our second trimester.  We have been so busy just trying to make it from one appointment to the next that we really have not fully enjoyed this pregnancy.  I’m looking forward to the next several weeks of planning and preparing for your arrival.  We love you both so much, and can not wait for you to make your grand entrance into the world! 


Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you. I'll keep checking back to see how the 4 of you are doing.

    ReplyDelete