In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Monday, April 1, 2013

Going Yellow - DIY Wall Art Redo

 
 
 

Thanks to Pinterest, a post that I wrote awhile ago, DIY WALL DÉCOR, has become one of my most popular posts.  In the original post, I mentioned that when we first moved into our home, I had a small budget for decorating and had to get really creative with what I had on hand.  Back then, I had some leftover green fabric, so I used it to make art.  Before I knew it, one of my most popular blog projects was created.  Today I want to show you how simple it is to update that original project.

 
A few months ago, I wanted to update my living room décor. We recently did some wainscoting downstairs, and it put me in the mood to do a little redecorating. I allowed myself $100 to work with.  I wasn’t trying to recreate the space. I was just wanted to update some of the accents in the room. When I saw this accent piece of furniture on sale at Target, I fell in love with it!  The problem was that it was $50….which was about half of my budget.  I loved the piece so much that I decided to purchase it anyway, and use it as my inspiration.
 

 
 Once I made the purchase I had a plan…..I was going YELLOW! That meant that my green DIY WALL DÉCOR needed a makeover. 
 
 

I started by going to Hobby Lobby, where I found a yellow chevron fabric that I adored. I think it was $7.99 a yard, but I only needed one yard. When I got home I took off the old fabric and stapled on the new. 



That was pretty much it!  My original post has the tutorial. The only thing I did different this time was that I only used fabric….which means it was even easier than the first time!
 
Easy Peasy Lemon Squeezy!


I love the yellow chevron!  I hope you all like it too! 

I have plenty more yellow projects to show this week, so stay tuned.......

No comments:

Post a Comment