In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. ~ Proverbs 3:6

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Coffee Beans and Tea Lights.....


Confession…..I have been really bad about posting on my blog lately:( That’s no secret, seeing as how this is only my third post this month:(  I have a good excuse for the lack of blog posts though.   Are you ready for it?  Here it is.  We have been working on a lot of things around here lately…..yep, that’s my excuse, and I think it’s a pretty good one;)  I have several projects that I want to share with you, and as soon as things slow down around here, I’ll try to get some posts together.  At the end of the night, I am just happy that we are progressing on projects, so blogging about those projects has kind of been put on the back burner for now.
 

In the mean time, I have an old, super-easy project to show you that I thought would be a good tip for the fall season.  I saw someone do this on Pinterest recently, and I thought to myself, “Oh, I’ve been doing that for years.  I should post about it on my blog.”  So that’s what I’m doin’ todayJ
 
 
Years ago….long before Pinterest days….and really even before I had internet in my apartment (only because I was too poor to afford it, seeing as how I was just getting out on my own), I scored a candelabra at Kirkland’s for like $5.  This was back when coffee themes were very popular in Kitchens.  Like many people, I had a few java/café things goin’ on in my kitchen, so I decided to use actual coffee beans in my candelabra to make my kitchen smell fabulous! 
 
First, I bought some good smelling coffee beans at my local grocery store.
 

Then, I scooped the beans into each votive holder, making sure to switch my beans out every few months to keep the coffee aroma in my kitchen.
 
 

Lastly, I set a tea light on top of each votive holder, so that when I light the votive, the warmth of the candle heightens the aroma of the coffee beans:)
 

Even when the tea lights are not burning, the coffee smell is fragrant for the first few weeks. This idea can be used in any kind of candle holder.  It’s decorative, it’s cheap and it smells great!  Can you really go wrong there? 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment